BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Narnia will have to wait...

From the looks of Further up and Further In it is a very well put together unit study. I haven't looked at it myself but my friend has and she read some things and we talked about it over the phone. In her opinion this is definately something for children that are in the 6th grade or higher or who have work skills that match that of an older child. There is alot of independent work along with research that the student needs to do on the internet or with an encyclopedia. Writing is expected in every subject and some of it is quite demanding. The Bible section is very good and very thought provoking. I am somewhat bummed that this won't work for us next year but have high hopes it'll be part of our curriculum in the years to come. So now I am still in the decision making process of whether I continue with My Father's World or look into some other unit studies. I would love a great unit study for my oldest son. Got any suggestions?

Oh, and right now we are all working on a Resurrection Lapbook that is turning out to be really cute. I will get pictures when we are finished. And the best part is that is was free! Check out www.littleblots.com! And my oldest daughter and I am working on another lapbook with the book, "A House for Hermit Crab", by Eric Carle. This we found free at www.homeschoolshare.com and I love it! They have a great lapbook on elections that I might do next fall too!

0 comments: